Warm weather is setting in and it’s time to get your sandal selection ready to complement your wardrobe. Rising summer temperature requires hot, summer style, footwear like cork wedges, strappy sandals, and colorful canvas shoes. Beaded patterns gracing strappy sandals, cool linen and saddle piping on canvas shoes, and sparkle of colored metallic are among the top trends this season. Other hot trends of the summer season include cork wedges, patent high heels, woven espadrilles, rubber flip flops, gladiator-inspired sandals, comfortable sling backs, and patterned ballet flats.
Choosing the best summer footwear for full figure ladies has never been that easy, because there are many online shoe stores specializing in wide width shoes and wide calf boots designed to coordinate effortlessly with any ensemble and create a polished final look .
Sandals and the other summer shoes are made from materials like linen, metallic, faux cork, graphic canvas, patent, and even woven straw. You can find even organic shoes for the summer season. Details here vary from beading, leather piping, suede lacing, various buckle accents, metallic details, to sequin and diamond-studding, some luxury items are studded with Swarovski Crystals.
You will need several types of sandals to use at any occasion this summer, at your morning stroll, fitness, office, and garden parties. Here is a selection of hot and trendy summer shoes and sandals styles.
1. Summer wardrobe can go without a pair of comfy flip flops, rubber or leather flip flops. Flip- flops are also known as thongs, Hawaii Chappals, or Havaianas. They are best for casual occasions. Take them with you on you vacation or have a dressy pair of leather thongs for a night out, doing the shopping, i.e. always when you want to be comfortable and don’t want to look overdressed.
The common word for flip flop sandals is also beach shoes which defines them as a beach accessory. Outdoor companies are taking flip-flop sandals to the next level. There are flip flop sandals for many occasions like beach leisure, walking flip flops, dressy flip flops for special occasions, etc
Fisherman Sandals have always been a good choice for summer footwear because they are practical, comfy, and are good even for small kids. Fisherman sandals is the most comfortable and preferred type of footwear for small kids and toddlers, because they have a strap Fisherman sandals are good replacement for tongs and flip flops in virtually all situations.
2. Wedge sandals or wedges are going to be very popular as usual this summer. Wedges are irresistible and fun. Wedge sandals become real essential when warm weather sets in, because even women who normally don‘t wear heels can put on height with a wedge. Wedge sandals have bulky heel which balances and flatters large foot. That’s why finding a good pair of wedge sandals for night is a great idea when you leave larger footprints.
3. Canvas shoes: Canvas shoes are casual comfort shoes. Even though they are casual and comfy, canvas shoes can have stylish and sophisticated silhouettes and high heels. Canvas shoes are an excellent addition to any footwear wardrobe. Men, women, and children can all enjoy the comfort and style of canvas shoes: sneakers, espadrilles, and slip ons.
4. Strappy sandals, gladiator. Gladiator shoes are hot again this year. When it comes to sandals, this look has been always in fashion, because ancient style meets modern comfort. No wonder the gladiator sandals are making a big appearance again in summer 2010. Unfortunately flat gladiator sandals are not very flattering for large ankles or short legs.
5. Slingbacks. Slingback sandals offer good support. They are a perfect accessory for all your warm weather skirts and dresses, pants, jean, and crops. Slingback sandals can be skimpy or heavily adorned but they are always stylish and comfortable.
5. Ballet flats, flat sandals: After all the heat about the heels and platform shoes, it is time to take to flat sandals, because they will still look chic and timeless for many seasons to come. Summer is about taking it easy and enjoy yourself spending time in flats. Being low on heels flats can be high on style and comfy.
6. Ankle Cuff Sandals. Ankle Cuffs are still in the trend this season. Ankle cuffs keep you in the cutting edge of fashion transforming the traditional sandal shoe into one edgy look. On the other hand Ankle cuff sandals are great because they put emphasis on your ankles which are the thinnest part of your legs. Steve Madden offers both high heel ankle cuffs and flat ankle cuffs. I found several stunning ankle cuff flats at Chinese Laundry and a selection of high heeled ankle cuffed sandals by Nine West and other brands at Endless.