Plus Size Career and Business Clothing, Five essential items in your career wardrobe.
Many women today spend the whole day working at the office and doing their best to maintain perfect appearance at the same time. It is very important for the ladies in management positions or those running their own business, to have a perfect appearance all day long because the success of the company is often judged by their appearance.
Often working women have to balance between elegant but sophisticated outfits and simple to care about but not so glamorous apparel. If you are on a budget, just like most of us, skip the fashion trends and focus on top 5 office wardrobe essentials.
1. Dark Color Career Jacket. Always on trend, this versatile three button career jacket coordinates with your entire wardrobe. It is a tailored modern jacket in a lightweight, easy-care fabric to wear season after season. This suitable for the office pant jacket is machine washable so it will not add to your dry cleaner expenses. The pant coat has one welt and two besom pockets. It is darted for shape, no wrinkle, and style. This extremely versatile jacket is available in a variety of colors: khaki, deep navy, black, ivory, graphite, marine blue, ivy green, deep taupe, and smoky rose. The jacket comes in women sizes 12W, 16W, 18W, 20W, 22W, 24W, 26W, 28W, 30W, 32W, 34W and women petite plus sizes.
2. Plus Size Pencil Skirt. This skirt features classic silhouette that makes it an essential for any wardrobe. Not to mention that pencil skirt is one of the season’s newest trends.
The contemporary skirt has wide waistband for smooth fit under jackets. The waist is accented with a faux croco belt. Waistband is gored for an enhanced fit. Back vent, hidden back zipper with hook-and-eye closure. Back slit for ease of movement. The skirt fabric is easy to care, machine washable, stretching for best fit blend of rayon, polyester and spandex. It is 26 inches long and sits below the knee line. The length makes it perfect for formal uses and career wear.
3. Plus Size Black Pants, Plus Size Dress Pants, Plus Size Trousers, or Plus Size Slacks: This fabulous stretch boot cut black pant is timeless in both style and appeal. The universally flattering fit makes it a wardrobe essential regardless of the season. Waistband falls just below the natural waist offering fashion forward styling. Slightly relaxed thigh slims and flatters while the fuller leg lengthens. This comfortable plus size pants are made from elastic fiber and the nice touch of stretch help them fit and flatter the curves while remaining comfy. The pants have side pockets and back button thru button. The pants come in the same color as the above jacket in order to make a compete office wear ensemble.
Here we have three articles that constitute two different career plus size outfits or office outfits. The first one is a pantsuit and the second is a skirt suit. You can dress them up with a sateen blouse or dress them down with a fit camisole. Now you need the perfect complement to your office suit- white blouse
4. White blouse. Classic feminine plus size white blouse with long sleeves in solid classic colors like white is an essential part of working woman wardrobe. These articles of plus size business apparel are good looking, have classic cut and design and are always in fashion. My choice is this white blouse from Fashion Bug ‘No Iron ’ collection which is perfectly tailored in specially-treated cotton with long sleeves and turn-back cuffs. It has big shell buttons, and side slits. It is made of treated cotton which resists wrinkles. It darted shaping visually slims your figure and last but not least it is again machine washable. It comes in misses, women sizes 1X, 2X, and 3X. The blouse comes in petite sizes as well.
5. Wool Pantcoat or Trenchcoat for cool winter days. Get flexible and neutral color wool or wool blend coat which can be easily combined with any bottom in your wardrobe. Before buying a business outerwear like pant coat, peacoat or trench coat keep in mind that coats are usually dry clean only (expect increase in dryclean spendings) so refrain from white and very bright coats and jackets.
My choice is a classic wool peacoat by J. G. Hook. It is a traditional peacoat with double breasted front part. It is fully lined with side welt pockets. The coat is warm enough for mild temperatures while not being too heavy; of course if you live in Florida it will insulate your body even in the coolest winter days. It fits well over work slacks and looks great with jeans. The colors are rich and the style is classic. I would recommend purchasing black and white or neutral colors to fit your wardrobe easily.
If you need career clothing for special business meetings here are my two suggestions. Nothing will make more impression on your colleagues, competitors and clients like this sophisticated and elegant plus size business apparel collection of Avenue. This plus size business clothing says success and style and offers new designs and colors chic plus size casual clothing for you that will work with all sorts of different activities or occasions including the office.
If you want to make a fashion statement at office and feel comfortable at the same time the plus size business blouses and career dresses of Catherines collection is going to suit your needs. This plus-size career clothing collection starts from classy tailored separates to chic office dresses.
You can find classic and comfortable career shoes at reasonable prices at Zappos.com, great selection of comfort shoes at Foot Smart wide width pumps by Avenue’s ClouthWalkers.
If you are not into black and white career ensembles and want more color in your business wardrobe or another color palette then take a look of this plus size bright peplum jacket jacket by Cold Water Creek. It comes in two colors: Deep Peacock Blue and Deep Chartreuse easy to be combined with a feminine blouse for instant easy-to-wear chic outfit. Mix it with a skirt or slacks for the office and a pair of jeans for an evening out.