As your big day approaches, one of the biggest decisions to be made is choosing your perfect wedding dress. Shopping for plus size bridal dress can be a fabulous adventure but can also turn into overwhelming experience.
Some women have clear visions of their perfect wedding dresses since the early age, while others simply cannot imagine themselves dressed up in white from head to toes. That’s why it is important to start shopping for the wedding dress well in advance, even before any other preparation for the wedding. Plan your wedding gown, decide whether it will be full- skirt, modest one, with covered shoulders, or a tea- length wedding dress.
Before getting to your dress shopping consider following points:
1. What type of dress will you need for your wedding ceremony and reception. For example, tea- length or shorter plus size wedding dresses will be more appropriate for garden wedding reception.
2. Get into account your body shape when shopping for your plus size wedding dress. There are versatile styles that fit and flatter any figure as a-line dresses, sheath dress, mermaid or trumpet silhouette, and empire waist.
– Hourglass figure is characterized by well- defined waist and similar sized shoulders and hips. Emphasize your shape with romantic ball gowns or embellishment on the waist line.
– With the Triangle body shape the hips are wider than shoulders and bust. With this figure you can both add volume and draw attention to the upper part of the body with cap sleeves and embellished bodice.
– Inverted triangle: your shoulders and bust are wider than your hips. Choose either a full skirt with layered tiers to make your top appear smaller or a short dress to draw attention to the lower part of the body.
– Rectangle body shape is defined by equally sized shoulders, waist, and hips. A fitted bodice and a full- skirt give a feminine curves silhouette while waist defining details can work magic.
3. If you are on a budget and want to save on your wedding dress, don’t delay, look at the sales departments of the stores, at the eBay, or have your own from idea tailored by a seamstress. The sooner you buy your dress, the more time you will have for your wedding preparation.
4. Make sure your dress is comfortable and you can move, dance all night in it. Order the right size and have it tailored in advance to make certain it fits you perfectly.
After choosing your perfect plus size wedding dress it is time to shop for wide width bridal shoes. If you can’t find the exact shade or color to match your wedding gown, find a pair of dyeable white wedding shoes which can be easily dyed by a professional to match your dress.
Depending on the plus size wedding dress style you will need also bridal lingerie or bridal underwear in white, nude, or beige colors.
Here are several stylish and sexy plus size bridal dresses hand picked by our editor:
Plus Size Bridal Gown in Burgundy
Of course, this gown comes in ivory and white as well. The gown features classic and figure flattering A- Line silhouette, Bateau neckline. The sleeveless bodice is embroidered with crystal beads and sequins. Dress comes in women sizes 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, and 32 but can be made to order if you need size larger than 32.
This plus size wedding gown has a flattering silhouette, halter neckline, and chapel train, and beautiful lace mesh, rhinestones and beadwork. The gown comes in variety of colors, including white and ivory. The color on the picture is ocean, created by lavender layered over mint. The dress features shirred boned bodice. Includes matching mesh scarf. Fully lined. This formal gown under $100 comes in junior sizes XS S M L 1X 2X and 3X.
5. Places to shop for plus size bridal gowns and wide wedding shoes:
House Of Brides
Swak Design Bridal
Hips And Curves